Cinema, open theatre, Kolkata, Christmas, winter – such a brilliant setting. One of the most unique movie viewing experiences in the country – SteppinOut Movie Nights – that provides movie watching experiences under the sky has come to Kolkata and the luxury hotel The Stadel, will host this event on 17 December at 6 pm.
What: SteppinOut Movie Nights
When: Sunday, 17 December, 6 PM
Where: The Stadel, Gate No 3, Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata
Price: Rs. 399
How to book: Book your tickets at Insider here
Facebook Events Page: Join the conversation at the Events page here
Experience movie watching under the sky at The Stadel, Salt Lake, Kolkata
SteppinOut Movie Nights is being organised by Sky Productions in association with Rices Obliquity. The Stadel is the host partner and Blackboard is the digital partner. On being asked about the unique concept of watching a movie in the open, Sahil Yadav, Sky Productions says: “The SteppinOut Movie Nights was an out of the box drawing book concept that was tried and tested for the first time ever in Bangalore about one and a half years ago. The concept was adapted to the Indian market after experiencing such screening abroad. We’ve always been fascinated with open air theatres. This weather and the fact that Kolkata is always full of the Christmas spirit is a definite bonus.”
The Stadel at Salt Lake is the perfect host to this event with its open green lawns which is usually witness to its flagship event – Calbunka. Mr Yadav says that this cinema watching experience is different than a normal movie watching in a theatre or multiplex. “The overall feel of the event itself is different. With bean bags and low lying mattress seating, we encourage our guests to stretch out and look up to the sky while they watch the movie. We believe in the concept of taking back open spaces, we spend all our time indoors and being outside with a cold breeze, chilled drink and some friends is a very different way of watching a film. We generally screen crowd favourites – the ticket holders get to vote for a movie of their choice which cannot be done in a theatre.”
Where do you plan to take this event after Kolkata? When do we have it in Kolkata again? “The SteppinOut Movie Nights is already active in multiple cities around the country – Bangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Pune. We intend to have our next screening in Kolkata in February,” signs off Mr Yadav.
The screening on 16 December comes complete with pocket friendly munchies and a bar on offer! Kids below the age of 10 get free entry!
So, what are you waiting for! Hurry Up! Don’t miss this unique movie watching experience.
Terms & Conditions:
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- No refunds on purchased ticket are possible, even in case of any rescheduling.
- Security procedures, including frisking remain the right of the management.
- No dangerous or potentially hazardous objects including but not limited to weapons, knives, guns, fireworks, helmets, lazer devices, bottles, musical instruments will be allowed in the venue and may be ejected with or without the owner from the venue.
- The sponsors/performers/organizers are not responsible for any injury or damage occurring due to the event. Any claims regarding the same would be settled in courts in Mumbai.
- People in an inebriated state may not be allowed entry.
- Venue rules apply.